Exploring DC at a Distance
Washington DC is currently in Phase 2 of Reopening. Though this paves the way for a different kind of hotel stay, hospitality remains at the heart of what we do. The River Inn remains committed to connecting our guests to the authentic local experiences of Washington, while maintaining a healthy and safe travel experience.
Many of our favorite restaurants and cafés are located in our own Foggy Bottom neighborhood:
- Bluestone Lane - Australian-inspired café, a 10-minute walk from The River Inn.
- Founding Farmers - American farm to table cuisine. (10-minute walk)
- Duke's Grocery- East London-inspired restaurant and bar. (10-minute walk)
- Burger Tap & Shake - Elevated burgers and spiked milkshakes. (5-minute walk)
- Rasika- Modern and traditional Indian fare. (10-minute walk)
Worth the Trip
These will require transportation, but all have outdoor dining space - you'll be glad you made the trek!
- District Winery - Winery, tasting bar and restaurant.
- Mi Vida - Higher end Mexican cuisine.
- Hank's Oyster Bar - New England shack fare, raw bar, and cocktails with 2 locations in DC.
- Le Diplomate - Steven Starr's French Brassiere.
- Seven Reasons - Latin American plates, chef tastings, cocktails, and wine.
Outdoor Activities & Summer Favorites
- The National Mall - Just a 20-minute walk from The River Inn
- Sculpture Garden - Outdoor garden of sculptures form the National Gallery of Art
- National Arboretum- Established in 1927, 446 acres with 9.5 miles of winding roadways.
- Biking Trails - Borrow one of our bicycles to explore DC at your leisure.
- Georgetown Waterfront - Enjoy waterfront recreation in DC's oldest neighborhood.
- Ice Cream Jubilee - Local DC Ice cream shop with 2 locations.