Exploring DC at a Distance
The River Inn remains committed to connecting our guests to the authentic local experiences of Washington, while maintaining a healthy and safe travel experience. Click here for a pdf list of our favorite local spots.
Many of our favorite restaurants and cafés are located in our own Foggy Bottom neighborhood:
- Bluestone Lane - Australian-inspired café, a 5-minute walk from The River Inn.
- Baked & Wired - Our favorite local family owned coffee shop and bakery. (10-minute walk)
- Farmers Fishers Bakers - American farm to table cuisine. (10-minute walk)
- Boqueria - Spanish Tapas and Bar serving as the go-to destination for after-work social hours. (15-minute walk)
- Western Market - Foggy Bottom food hall with over a dozen locally-based F&B options. (10-minute walk)
Museums & Attractions
Museums and attractions have re-opened with COVID-19 protocols in place:
- Georgetown Waterfront - Just a 10-minute walk from The River Inn
- Kennedy Center - A five-minute walk from The River Inn.
- The National Mall - Just a 20-minute walk from The River Inn.
- National Gallery of Art - Open daily from 10am-5pm.
- National Museum of African American History & Culture - Open Wednesday-Sunday, Free timed-entry passes required.
- National Portrait Gallery & Smithsonian American Art Museum - Open Wednesday-Sunday, Free timed-entry passes required.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - Open daily from 10am-5:30pm
- Lincoln Memorial - Just a 20-minute walk from The River Inn.
- World War II Memorial - Just a 25-minute walk from The River Inn.
- Biking Trails - Biking Trails along Potomac River and the Mall. Borrow one of our bicycles to explore DC at your leisure.
Worth the Trip
These will require transportation, but all have indoor and out outdoor dining spaces - you'll be glad you made the trek!
- Ted's Bulletin - Family-friendly restaurant serving comfort food from 7am-10pm daily (2 locations).
- Compass Rose - Serving a diverse selection of international street food alongside handcrafted cocktails.
- Le Diplomate - Steven Starr's French Brassiere.
- St. Anslem - American tavern focused on simply cooked grilled meats and fresh ingredients.
- Bluejacket - Microbrewery & restaurant serving craft beers & American eats in a century-old factory.